Worthstone is thrilled to announce the launch of the Social Investment Academy Impact Awards 2018 – the first awards for the UK retail impact investment community. The Impact Awards will be showcased at this year’s Social Investment Academy on 8th November 2018.
Elizabeth Corley, CBE, Vice-Chair, Allianz Global Investors and keynote speaker at the 2017 Social Investment Academy, will be presenting the awards to Impact Champions. When asked to comment on her involvement she says: “I welcome the launch of the Social Investment Academy Impact Awards. This initiative from Worthstone supports the objectives of the Implementation Taskforce to improve the knowledge and confidence of financial advisers and wealth managers in the sector. I hope it will help to both stimulate and celebrate progress in social impact investment.”
The Impact Awards will celebrate best practice in the retail impact investment sector – we want to champion advisers, advisory firms, fund managers and discretionary fund managers (DFMs) who are leading the market in aligning retail investment strategies to achieve positive social and financial outcomes.
If you or your company are committed to offering your clients impactful investment solutions to meet financial objectives as well as generating a benefit to society and the environment, then we would love to hear from you.
We are inviting applications from organisations that evidence best practice in the retail social impact investing sector. Applicants would need to explain why they believe their practice to be market leading, why they adopted it and what it is they have achieved as a result.
Examples of best practice may be:
- distinct elements within part of an organisation,
- practices of one individual or
- an overall firm methodology.
For details on the judging panel, please click here.
Awards are available for the following categories:
- Impact Award for Individual Financial Adviser
- UK regulated advisers who have embraced social impact within their client offering
- Impact Award for Financial Advisory Firm
- Firms that have developed social impact products or integrated impact into their policies and procedures
- Impact Award for Asset Manager Firm
- This includes fund managers who deploy investment strategies which target and evaluate impact in addition to financial returns
- Impact Award for Discretionary Fund Manager
- DFMs who have constructed portfolios for use by clients targeting both impact and financial returns
- Impact Award for New Product Launch
- An impact product that has been launched in the 12 months ending 31 July 2018 and is registered for investment by retail investors in the UK.
We believe, by celebrating your achievements and showcasing best practice, the rest of the sector will be inspired by what can be achieved when impact is embraced within our investment market.